The Federal Motel is located in Geddes Street adjacent to the Federal Hotel in Toowoomba. The Motel is only minutes from the CBD, hospitals and private schools. We are the first stop for business travellers heading further out west from the east, and we are popular with our farming and agricultural community from the west.
With all the country comforts of air-conditioning, Foxtel, en suite, room service, self - service laundry facilities, free WiFi access, and complimentary tea and coffee the Federal Hotel is committed to ensuring guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay.
The Federal Hotel is situated directly next door to the motel allowing customers to have a sumptuous meal at our excellent Bistro or to relax in one of the other areas of the hotel.
Please note: There are limited undercover car parks. Please be aware requesting is not a guarantee the undercover car park is available. Parking is available for one car per room only. Please ask reception for extra cars per room parking. There is ample, safe off street parking.
Book Your Accommodation
- 07 4632 3262
- Check In: 2pm
- Check Out: 10am
- Motel reception is located at the front of the Motel's building and closes at 6.00pm
- Between 6.00pm and midnight, Management will look after check ins at the Federal Hotel's TAB area.
- Free WiFi available
- Air conditioning
- In-room heater
- Tea/Coffee making
- Refrigerator - bar size
- Alarm clock
- Non-smoking only
- Free WiFi available throughout the Hotel
- Bar / Lounge
- Room service - limited service
- Self service laundry faciliteis
- Wheelchair accessible
- On-site undercover parking
- Non-smoking property
- Conference / Meeting facilities
The Federal Motel is situated behind the Federal Hotel; address is 111 James Street, Toowoomba, or on the corner of James Street and Geddes Street, Toowoomba. The actual Federal Motel is in a separate building in Geddes Street beside the hotel. Turning into Geddes Street off the Highway (James Street) you will then notice the Federal Motel sign and entrance on the right.
From Toowoomba Airport it is a short 10 mins drive away.
- Head east on Muze St and around to the right to continue along Greenwattle St.
- Turn left on the 5th street to turn onto Taylor St.
- After 1.2km turn right onto Warrego Hwy (Nat. Hwy A2)
- Travel a further 4.6km, turn into Geddes St and the Motel is on the right.
Things to do
Toowoomba’s information centre is a short distance from the Federal Motel, giving you many options and pamphlets on What to do in Toowoomba. Every Friday we are issued a what’s on in Toowoomba on the Weekend sheet. Please feel free to ask for details.
- Ideal accommodation option for those attending Easterfest or Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers
- Crows Nest Falls National Park which has the majestic Crows Nest Falls Waterfall with its 25mtr drop.
- Japanese Gardens, one of the most beautiful parks in Toowoomba.
- Cobb & Co Museum